Montag, 20. September 2021

No choice

I will not exercise my right to vote & the election notice is fodder for my shredder.
He says the paper tastes like shit, but he has to go through it.

The dictionary says of the word election:
"Meaning -
1. possibility of decision; deciding between two or more possibilities.
2. voting on the appointment of certain persons to certain offices, functions, on the composition of certain bodies, representations, corporations by casting votes."

Meaning 2 is given in the german federal election, sure.
However, I see the mugs of these persons on the election posters & I don't want to have anything to do with these persons and don't want to see them at all in any offices or functions where they can somehow decide about my affairs.
Not a single one of them.
I don't even want to have to breathe the same air as them.

Meaning 1 is not a given because there is no deciding between two or more choices.
There are "constraints" & lack of alternatives, there is "faction discipline" (in Austria "club discipline" - funny, these Austrians) & "guideline competence" and there are certainly a lot of things that stand between what I want & what actually comes out at the end of their decisions and about which I can read nothing on wikipedia.
In the end, from experience, there will always come out something I don't want  - so I have no choice, no possibility of decision.


Even if I would believe that this so-called popular government would work with the personnel available for election, one look at the electorate would be enough for me to know for sure that this election is bullshit, or as the Austrians say:
"a Schmarrn -
colloquial: nonsensical talk, tasteless or inferior goods

Synonyms: Bullshit, gibberish, nonsense, garbage, nonsense, filth, kitsch, trash, gloop, glomp

Examples:
[1] From the old rolls of yesterday we cook today a Schmarrn.
[2] He has his mouth open all the time and all that comes out is Schmarrn.
[3] At the big anniversary sale, only Schmarrn was offered."



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.